There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
9.00 per hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 17/01/20
Job Purpose: You will be supporting R, a friendly, affectionate 8 year old boy who loves fair rides, toyshops and generally getting out and about! R has autism and ADHD; he has limited verbal communication and often uses a wheelchair when out of the house to keep him safe.
• Supporting R to access activities of interest to him, such as the rides on Yarmouth seafront, visiting toyshops in Norwich etc.
• Supporting R while on trips out with his family.
• Driving R in your own vehicle and propelling him in his wheelchair as required.
• Prompting R to attend to his personal care when necessary.
• Being vigilant to R’s safety at all times, as he has no sense of danger.
• Administering medication.
NB – Please note that this job involves working with children or young people. In this instance, R’s mum will be the employer.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with appropriate insurance to drive your vehicle for work purposes.
• Friendly, patient and understanding
• Able to work proactively and confidently with a child with autism and ADHD, both supervised and alone.
• Enthusiastic personality with a passion for fair rides!
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 250 hours per year to be worked every other Saturday and school holidays in long enough blocks to enable days out. Hours will be arranged by prior agreement to suit both parties.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.