There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Suffolk Independent Living
Closing Date: 10/12/21
Energetic young man requires a Personal Assistant to keep him safe, occupied and happy, and provide support with all aspects of care.
Experience with Learning Disabilities and/or seizures desired but not essential, training will be given.
I am an energetic young man, I am non-verbal with severe Learning Disability and epilepsy (3-6 seizures per week). I love my home and especially my garden. I love my swing and trampoline. I enjoy walks and walking my dog. I like quiet times too, listening to music, doing puzzles, and watching TV, when I might have a snooze. I can get very lively on occasion and will need a confident person to redirect my energy. I might have a seizure at any time and will need help to avoid a fall.
· To provide full support with all aspects of care
• Constant monitoring for seizures
• Maintaining safety
• Manage and redirect energy, I am known to hit, kick and throw things when agitated
• Personal care; remind and assist to use the toilet, wash hands, occasional incontinence so pad changing also required
• Support with washing and dressing
• Ensure I am fed and hydrated
• Give medication when required
• Complete regular documentation
• Full support when out and about
• Take part in training days
· We have a dog that that you will need to be comfortable around, and occasionally let him out and feed him.
· You will need to bring your own meals and snacks unless otherwise arranged
Hours and contract
You will be engaged on a contract for a minimum of 7.5 hours per week, but there will often be up to 12 hours available. Please read the full job description for examples of shifts – this can be sent to you or downloaded from our website.
Here is the type of person I am looking for to support me. These qualities are divided into ‘essential’ and ‘desirable’. Please refer to them when completing your application.
Able to adapt quickly to changes in mood
Able to keep up with him when needed
Experience of learning difficulties
Some knowledge of epilepsy
Some knowledge of positive behaviour management
Experience in a similar role
To be considered for the role, please return a completed application form, or submit a comprehensive CV and cover letter.
The documents can be accessed by visiting www.suffolkindependentliving.org.uk/vacancies or by calling 01473 603876 – Please quote ref 4569