There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£120 per day worked
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 03/04/20
To provide daily personal care and social support for 20yr old lady with physical disability (Quadriplegic/Cerebral Palsy). Full training to facilitate exact requirements will be provided. This is a ‘Flat Mate’ type role where the employee will be supporting the employer to make the most of university life (where she is studying Creative Writing and English Literature).
Location: Anglia Ruskin University and family homes in both Norfolk and Cambridge.
The role will involve travelling to the employee’s homes in Cambridge and Norfolk for occasional weekends and holidays as well as at university, and adjacent accommodation will be provided. The employee is seeking support with enjoyable social activities such as nights/weekends out, attending cinema, and listening to music. She is a keen reader and is interested in history and foreign languages. May include other duties, to be discussed at interview.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application. Due to the nature of this role a female PA would be preferable.
• Calm, well organised and practical
• Physically fit
• Good communication skills/hearing
• Sociable/sense of humour
• Full clean UK driving Licence
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £120 per day worked.
• Flexible rota, essentially 7 days on 7 days off
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.