There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Between £12.01-15.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 31/12/23
Rewarding social care work opportunity for a Female Personal Assistant. Listed below are details of the job and what tasks are involved. It is essential to refer to these when submitting an application and advise of the days/hours you are available.
20 year old woman in the King’s Lynn area is looking for a committed personal assistant, to provide support to allow her to remain independent within her own home. Further support is required with Personal and Social Care, housework, meal preparation and supporting employer to access the community.
Location: King’s Lynn, PE30
-Washing and dressing when required
– Meal preparation (afternoon/evening time)
– Support with shopping
– Support with accessing the local community
– Domestic care
– Attending appointments
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. Assessment of these, both on application and at the interview, will be the main factor in determining your success.
– Full UK Driving Licence
– Use of own vehicle for work purposes
– First Aid trained
– Understanding of Scoliosis
– Understanding of Mental Health
– Female assistant only due to personal care element of role
– Likes cats – Household has 4 month old kitten
– Similar interests i.e. performing arts.
– The rate of pay for this position is £11 p/h.
– Hours and times of work as follows: 10hrs a week – Working pattern to be discussed at interview, ideally late morning/afternoon shifts.
– A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer
– Completion of a satisfactory probation period of 3 months.
– The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
– If this job requires:
• Manual Handling
• Handling of hazardous chemicals
• Food Handling
You will be required undertake annual training.