There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£10.42-£12.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 31/12/23
Would you enjoy supporting a young man gain independence?
This rewarding role involves working with an 18 year old man who has ASD, severe Anxiety, and a brain injury, which effects his daily living. You would be required to support him to go out and about more when not at college, but sometimes to be at home to play games, and have someone to talk to.
Location: Watton, IP25
– Promote independence
– Try to get him involved with cooking simple meals and snacks
– Ensure medication is taken when required
– Support with money purchases when out and about
– Take him to college in Norwich (when mother is unable to)
– Supervise and support with contact with the father and his friends
– Promote friendships, going out socially, following instructions from the family around alcohol for safety reasons.
– Work closely with the family
– Go for days out
– Encouragement to try new experiences
Social care work opportunity for a Personal Assistant. Listed below are details of the job and what tasks are involved. It is essential to refer to these when submitting an application and advise of the days/hours you are available.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. Assessment of these, both on application and at the interview, will be the main factor in determining your success.
- Full UK driving licence
- Use of own vehicle for work purposes
- Able to think on your feet
- Adapt to change
- Can do attitude
- Motivational – But knows when to be more gentle in their approach when necessary
- Experience in ASD (further training available)
- Maths 4/5 (C)
- English 4/5 (C)
- Medication training (further training available)
Summary Terms and Conditions:
- The rate of pay for this position is £11.50 p/h.
- Hours and times of work as follows: 10hrs a week. Day and times to be discussed at interview
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer
- Completion of a satisfactory probation period of 3 months.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
– If this job requires;
• Manual Handling
• Handling of hazardous chemicals
• Food Handling
You will be required undertake annual training.
- Other duties may be assigned which have not been stated above, and the position may be liable to change in the future.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.