There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Personal Assistant for young boy for days out-£12ph-Flexible working- King’s Lynn PE30
King's Lynn and West Norfolk
£10.42-£12.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 31/12/23
Listed below are details of the general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for this position.
This rewarding role involves working closely with an autistic non-verbal 9-year-old boy, encouraging him to go for days out and the occasional support at home. Being non-verbal, his way of communication will be via an app on his iPad. He can also do limited sign language and can write down what he would like to say.
King’s Lynn, PE30
– Trips to places of interest: Library’s, book shops, exploring places and swimming.
– Help with completing homework
– At home activities – Likes listening to different languages on YouTube
– When out and about, ensuring you have the essential items: Epi pen due to multiple food allergies.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
– Experience with Autistic and non-verbal children/adults
– Experience with challenging behaviour (tendency to run off)
– Full UK Driving Licence
– Own Vehicle for work
-Similar interests – Books, cars
Summary terms and conditions:
– The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour. Mileage will be paid at £0.45 per mile.
– Flexible working 3hrs a week – Must be available during school holidays.
– The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
– If this job requires;
• Manual Handling
• Handling of hazardous chemicals
• Food Handling
You will be required undertake annual training.
The post is subject to the following:
– A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
– Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
– Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.