There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £12.01-15.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 31/12/23
We are looking to recruit a Personal Assistant who is able to work 3 hours on a Saturday to be a companion to a young, happy, chatty 18 year old boy, who has Williams syndrome and loves singing and music. The job would require taking him out and about to places like the cinema, bowling and for a bite to eat, no personal care required. The ideal candidate would need to be First Aid trained and have a full UK driving licence, with the use of their own vehicle due to living out of town and his limited mobility. The family speak limited English and their spoken language is Polish, therefore if the candidate is bilingual that would be an advantage, but an interpreter when communication is needed with the family would also be an option. Similar interests of music and singing would also be an advantage but is not essential.
Location: Great Yarmouth, NR30
– Similar interests – Music and singing
– First Aid Trained
– Full UK Driving licence
– Own vehicle
– Interpreter/speaks Polish
– Saturday Working
Summary terms and conditions:
– The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour
– Flexible working on Saturday’s for 3hrs
– The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
If this job requires:
• DBS Check
• Manual Handling
• Handling of hazardous chemicals
• Food Handling
You will be required undertake annual training.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.