Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To support a woman with all daily living tasks, including personal care, domestic tasks and food preparation.
Location: Wymondham, NR18
I am a mother of three looking for a Personal Assistant to support me and my children with managing our home life and keeping our day-to-day lives on track.
Duties to include:
· Preparing meals and drinks for myself and my three children.
· General parenting support as required.
· Support with general admin tasks such as responding to mail, e-mails and phone calls, booking appointments, setting reminders and paying bills.
· Domestic tasks to help me maintain a clean and tidy home, such as washing up, laundry and changing bed linen.
· Prompting me to take my medication as prescribed.
· Support with preparing shopping lists and doing my food shopping.
· Support with personal care routines, including dressing/undressing and showering. I may be able to do this independently some days, but you will be required to support depending on my pain levels and support needs.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Driving license holder with own vehicle and appropriate business insurance cover.
· Must be intuitive, logical, and able to adapt to my changing support needs as my pain and health conditions can fluctuate day to day.
· Genuine desire to work within care and support roles.
· Calm and understanding disposition.
· Compassionate and thoughtful.
· Positive outlook on life.
· Sense of humour.
· Good work ethic.
· Open minded.
· Previous experience supporting people with Fibromyalgia highly desirable.
· Understanding and/or awareness of Asperger’s highly desirable.
· Previous experience working with or caring for children.
· Previous experience in a similar role.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 11 hours per week working Monday to Friday. Exact times of work are open to negotiation. Hours and times of work to be discussed at interview.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.