Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To provide maternity cover as a Personal Assistant for a young girl with physical support needs.
Location: Sheringham, NR26
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to provide maternity cover for our existing PA, working 5 hours a week from the beginning of October 2021 until the end of July 2022. This is flexible with the opportunity to work additional hours and provide occasional overnight respite, with typical hours being on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday between 3:00pm-8:00pm or 4:30pm-9:30pm.
Our daughter is a bright and sociable 13-year old girl who attends mainstream high school in Aylsham. She has quadriplegic cerebral palsy and is a full-time powered wheelchair user and requires support with daily living tasks.
Duties to include:
· Picking up our daughter from school and bringing her home to Sheringham, driving our wheelchair accessible van.
· Support with completing transfers between equipment using a ReTurn sit to stand aid.
· Preparing an evening meal.
· Getting our daughter to bed.
· Support with personal care routines, including support with showering, dressing/undressing and managing toileting needs.
· Being a friend and support for our daughter.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Female carer essential due to personal care element of role.
· Driving license holder.
· Willing to provide occasional overnight respite. To be discussed and agreed with you in advance.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £10.50 per hour for all hours including overnight respite sessions.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 5 hours per week with the opportunity to work additional hours on an ad-hoc basis. Exact hours and times to be discussed further at interview. 4 overnight respite sessions per annum, working 3:00pm to 10:00am.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.