There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 21/05/21
Job Purpose: I am an alert, intelligent male, who was given an official diagnosis last year, of autism, Asperger’s & anxiety. Due to these conditions, I would like your support and reassurance with certain things, including going out and about and achieving my aims and desires.
Details: My interests include old films, old music (my two favourite music decades are the 1950’s & 1960’s), history & football (I support Liverpool FC). I enjoy lots of different activities including go-karting, canoeing/kayaking, ten-pin bowling and visiting gardens & National Trust properties. I am very interested in motorbikes and have been working towards my CBT, with special support, and hope to be able to ride an automatic motorbike soon.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
- Female due to my considerable anxieties in communicating with men.
- Similar interests.
- Some knowledge and experience of my conditions.
- Supportive and reassuring nature.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 5 hours per week, ideally to be worked on a Monday or Tuesday, but with some flexibility from both parties, plus cover for the absence of my other PAs. Hours and times of work will be further discussed and arranged at interview.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.