There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 21/05/21
To provide support to a lady who has had two strokes which has resulted in reduced mobility and weakness down one side. In general, the support required will be to act as an enabler to empower your employer to carry out her caring role for her husband who has dementia and further support with domestic tasks and assisting with paperwork and at appointments.
Location: Costessey, NR5
- Support to continue acting as main carer for her husband
- To carry out all aspects of maintaining a habitable home including washing, cleaning, stripping beds and hoovering
- To provide support with batch cooking and preparing vegetables
- Order online shopping and assist with visiting local shops
- Paying bills and assisting with contacting providers when necessary
- Maintaining a safe environment, limiting potential injury in the home due to restrictions with mobility
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Experience in working in a dementia care setting
- An enabling and confidence building character
- Able to carry out domestic tasks to a high standard
- Ability to provide a good standard of nutritional cooking
- Car owner/driver with appropriate business insurance
- Respectful of the religious views of others
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: 14 hours per week, on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday, expected daily start time will be 11am, to be discussed further at interview.
The post is subject to the following
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.