There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 14/05/21
To support C, a chatty, funny 10 year old boy with autism, to attend Scouts on a Friday evening, and go for the occasional weekend run or bike ride.
Location: Norwich NR3.
Details: C has autism, is a sensory seeker and struggles with his emotional regulation sometimes. Your role will be to drive C to and from Scouts (1.5 miles from his home) and stay with him during Scouts, to help him to stay calm during the listening bits and not to get too overwhelmed during the fun bits! C also loves to ride his bike, so if you are a good runner or could go on bike rides with him on the odd weekend, then he would love that!
N.B – Please note that the employer in this instance will be C’s mum.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Car owner/driver with appropriate business use insurance.
- Experience with children with autism.
- Able to be a little bit firm and set boundaries when required.
- Enthusiastic and imaginative.
- C loves the cinema and gaming, so make sure you’re clued up on the latest releases!
- Enjoy running or riding a bike.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 6:30pm-9:30pm each Friday, plus extra hours can be offered for weekend bike rides, Scout camps and trips etc.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months