There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 13/05/21
To support an easy going 76-year-old gentleman with depression by providing companionship and promoting positive wellbeing.
Location: Poringland, NR14
I am looking for a friendly PA who can visit in me home and provide companionship. We may sit down and watch telly together, or play a game of chess, and other days we may have a natter about current affairs so you will need to be a good conversationalist. In the future when covid restrictions allow you may accompany me on trips out. I particularly like visiting museums and places of interest in Norwich and ambling around the city. If this position is of interest to you and you feel you are a ‘good egg’ who can make a positive impact on someone’s life I would really like to hear from you.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Driving license and own vehicle with appropriate business insurance cover.
- Flexible in relation to hours worked and able to work weekends.
- Good understanding of and interest in current affairs preferred.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: working 3 hours, one day a week, typically a Wednesday afternoon. Can also be arranged as 6 hours fortnightly.
The post is subject to the following
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.