There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 26/04/21
I am seeking a Personal Assistant to support me with personal care, domestic duties and social activities.
- Personal care including assistance with showering and dressing (no heavy lifting required).
- Assisting me to maintain a clean home, and with laundry and meal preparation.
- Support with shopping.
- Assisting me to attend concerts and other days out.
- Accompanying me to get out and about and driving me in your car, taking me to appointments. You will need to lift my small, lightweight wheelchair in and out of the car when required.
- Some light gardening.
I’m a young at heart, open minded and friendly disabled woman.
Listed below are the skills and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Car owner/driver with appropriate business car insurance
- Good standard of spoken English
- Open minded
- Honest and reliable
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Assertive with a motivating personality
- Flexibility with working hours
- Experience of social care preferred, but experience of caring for a friend or relative will also be considered
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour.
- The pay will be twice the normal rate(s) for work carried out on a bank holiday.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: this position is for 24 hours a week on a flexible basis. To be worked mainly on a weekday from 10am onwards, but with some evenings and weekends cover required. Job-share welcome.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position based on working 24 hours per week is 135 hours.
The post is subject to the following
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.