There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 09/04/21
Job Purpose: To support S, a quiet, usually happy teenage boy with autism, associated learning disabilities and a hearing impairment, to enjoy activities of interest to him during the school holidays.
Location: Norwich, NR1.
- To support S with activities such as bowling, swimming, trampolining or to go for a walk.
- Sometimes driving S in your own vehicle or spending time in his local area.
- On occasion driving S, his mum and brother, and accompanying them on daytrips, to the zoo, beach etc. and providing support to S as required.
- communicating with S via BSL and/or pictures.
- Prompting S to participate in activities, to use the toilet, eat and drink etc.
- Being vigilant to S’s safety at all times as he has no sense of danger.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
- Experience of working with children or young people with autism/learning disabilities.
- Some knowledge of British Sign Language.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £11 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 12 hours per week during 13 weeks of school holidays to be worked at flexible/negotiable times – no evenings required.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.