There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 16/04/21
Job Purpose: K is a happy, sociable 11-year-old girl with a vision impairment, cerebral palsy, autistic spectrum disorder and well controlled epilepsy. Your role will be supporting her to access activities of interest to her.
Location: Norwich, NR5.
Details: K can be quiet and anxious with new people, so your first task will be to build a good rapport with her and to help her feel secure. Due to her vision impairment, you will need to closely supervise K while she is undertaking activities. She can’t walk very far, so you will need to push K in her wheelchair when required and load it in and out of your vehicle. K has epilepsy, which is well controlled, however you may need to support her in the unlikely event of a seizure. K loves being active, but tires easily, so needs to be reminded to take a break. You will also need to prompt her to eat, drink, use the toilet and wash her hands etc., however no personal care is required. K has ASD, which can sometimes cause her to become anxious in crowded or noisy spaces, so you will need to be mindful of this and reassure her as necessary. On a Sunday, she would like to attend a circus school and go trampolining in Norwich, and in the school holidays she enjoys activities such as Pleasurewood Hills, BeWILDerwood and ROARR! Dinosaur Adventure.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
- Bubbly personality.
- An enjoyment of being active.
- Thick skinned, as K says it as it is!
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour, rising to £9.37 per hour from 1st
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 10:30am-4pm alternate Sundays during term time and some flexible hours during school holidays, to be arranged to suit both parties.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.