There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 16/04/21
To support a woman with all daily living tasks, allowing her to support her daughter and manage their home on a day-to-day basis.
Location: Briston, NR24
I am looking for a PA to provide general day-to-day support with all daily living tasks around the home. This will include assisting with domestic cleaning, meal preparation, general admin tasks, elements of personal care, and helping care for my young daughter.
Some of the medical conditions that impact my health and mobility include chronic pain, fibromyalgia, and migraines. Although I have mobility aids to help me move around my home, some days my pain levels mean I am unable to get out of bed. On these days, part of your role will be providing parenting support and looking after my daughter who has her own health issues, so being responsible, showing initiative and being good with children are key.
Duties to include:
- Domestic duties including cleaning, changing bed linen, and laundry.
- Admin tasks such as helping with paperwork and correspondence.
- Helping me dress and undress with dignity.
- Meal preparation.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Female carer due to personal care duties.
- Previous experience in a social care role or working with children preferred.
- Previous experience working with children with autism spectrum disorder preferred.
- Comfortable working in an environment with household pets.
- Comfortable working in an environment with a young child.
- Adaptable and able to show initiative as my pain levels, mobility and support needs change on a day-to-day basis.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: 8 hours a week over 2 days, ideally a Monday and a Friday with the potential for some flexibility depending on hospital appointments.
The post is subject to the following
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.