There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 09/04/21
Job Purpose: To provide care and social support to young lady with physical disabilities.
Location: Kings Lynn
Details: This young woman with physical disabilities requires a friendly person to provide support to engage socially and participate in activities (Café, Shopping, Cinema etc).
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- An understanding of, and experience of physical disabilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Calm, quiet and patient.
- Consistency and reliability.
- Driver/over 25 for insurance purposes to use our vehicle
Summary terms and condition
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour, rising to £9.37 from 1st
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 9:30am-3:30pm every Thursday and Friday, plus 10am-6pm 1 Saturday each month. Flexibility can be provided regarding the hours of work.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.