There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 23/04/21
Job Purpose: I’m a chatty, sociable 25-year-old female wheelchair user with cerebral palsy and ME, living in a shared house with two other friendly and approachable young women. I require support with personal care, domestic tasks and getting out and about when my health allows. This role will be shared between 2 PAs.
- Personal care including support to shower, wash and dry my hair, and get dressed. During transfers, you will just need to supervise me, so no moving and handling is required.
- Preparing and administering medication.
- Preparing my breakfast and lunch, which will involve cooking fresh food from scratch.
- Household tasks including hoovering the house, cleaning my bedroom, changing my bed, laundry and putting my clothes away.
- Assisting me to get out and about including to attend appointments, meet friends for coffee, undertake training with my pony and attend disability exercise classes. This will involve driving me in my large wheelchair adapted vehicle.
- Any other reasonable tasks.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
- Full UK driving licence and aged over 21 years in order to drive my wheelchair adapted vehicle.
- Willing to be directed by me as your employer and be flexible with work tasks as required.
- As you will be working in a shared house, you will need to be respectful of my housemates and their needs.
- I will soon be getting an assistance dog, so you will need to be comfortable to work around a dog and able to respect his position as a working dog.
- Some flexibility with working hours to accommodate appointments, social activities etc, for which plenty of notice will be provided.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 30.5 hours per week to be shared between 2 PAs, working from approximately 11:00am-15:00pm Monday to Friday, with some flexibility for start times on the weekends. Weekend work will be required for this role, with an average of 35 weekends per year to accommodate my appointments and social activities for which plenty of notice will always be given. As this will be a job share, please state your availability on your application form. Please note that some flexibility can be provided by the employer regarding the working times.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.