There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 26/02/21
Job Purpose: I’m a woman with disabilities following a brain injury, requiring your support with personal care, domestic and admin tasks and getting out and about.
Location: Sprowston, Norwich
Details: I have a variety of conditions which affect me physically and mentally. I am able to walk a short distance, so there is no lifting or manual handling involved as such, although I have a powerchair for occasional use, a travel scooter for the car, and I use crutches or a stick to steady me if I am walking. My interests are art, crochet and sewing. Although not essential, it would be perfect if you shared my interests, as I need motivation for my creative activities, and I go swimming regularly at a nearby private pool and need accompanying and help with dressing. I’m generally easy going and friendly with a happy disposition and I hope that you are too. Sometimes I become anxious and overwhelmed, so calm reassurance and use of initiative is very important.
Duties to include:
- Cleaning and keeping my home safe and tidy
- Shopping and cooking
- Feeding my two cats and keeping their litter tray clean
- Arranging appointments, speaking on the telephone on my behalf, diary reminders, organising cupboards and papers etc
- Helping me in the shower, and to dress and undress
- Administering medication and looking after my general care and wellbeing
- Driving my manual car and putting together my scooter and dismantling it after use
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Easy going and friendly with a good sense of humour
- Patient and calm but not patronising
- Motivational but empathic personality
- A good communicator
- Well organised and able to use own initiative and common sense
- Able to cook healthy meals from scratch
- Confident and safe driver of a manual car with a full clean driving licence
- Confident swimmer
- Strong computer literacy skills with the ability to use a laptop/iMac
- Affinity with cats
- Able to work in co-operation with my other personal assistants
- Flexible enough to cover the holiday/sickness of my other personal assistants
- Share my interests in creative activities
- Previous care experience
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 1–6pm. Primarily this is for Saturday cover only, but it would be desirable for you to be available to cover for holidays and sickness of other team members
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.