There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 26/02/21
Job Purpose: I’m a young lady, who loves animals and arts and crafts. As I have diabetes and left sided weakness resulting from a stroke, I would like your support with meal preparation, housework, limited personal care, companionship and to get out and about.
- Helping me to prepare and cook a main meal.
- Household tasks including cleaning out my much-loved cavy.
- Assistance with some aspects of personal care, such as drying and creaming my feet after a shower.
- Assisting me to get out and about to access activities of interest to me, in particular visiting a farm to feed the animals. When the pandemic is over, I would also like to go out for lunch/coffee and visit garden centres.
- Providing companionship at home, where I would like your support with arts and craft activities, particularly cross stitch.
- Being vigilant to my safety at all times.
- Being understanding when I feel to unwell to go out and need some quiet time at home.
- Any other reasonable tasks.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
- Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
- Animal lover.
- An interest in cooking, arts and crafts.
- Patient and attentive.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 17 hours per week to be Worked on Monday and Thursday from 10:30am-2:30pm and on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:30am-1:30pm. Please note that the employer can offer some flexibility with the hours of work.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.