There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 25/04/21
To support a Norwich based lady with complex health needs. Up to 15 hours support a week are required including help with daily living tasks, accessing the community, confidence building and personal care.
Location: Norwich, NR1
Hi there! I am a 24-year-old lady who is passionate about raising awareness of the rights of disabled people, if you are too, read on! My personal experience of disability relates to constant chronic pain and living with Irlen Syndrome which is a problem with the brain’s ability to process visual information.
I enjoy arts and crafts and I am a Brownie Leader, having visited international Brownie camps in the UK. My Christian faith is very important to me and I would expect you to respect this.
I do enjoy getting out and about especially taking a walk down by the river and I would like you to assist me with this by pushing my wheelchair. I further require your assistance shopping and when I visit the sensory room and hydro pool when you will need to assist me in the water.
This role will also require you to assist me with both verbal and written communication at times, assisting with paperwork – I’m very organised and enjoy filing – paying bills, an element of personal care and support me with issues that occasionally crop up. At times I will also require you to assist me around the home with housekeeping, putting the rubbish out etc.
While I require assistance with the above you will need to allow me to express my fiercely independent nature.
If this role is appealing (fans of Peppa Pig please do apply) I would really like to hear from you!
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- female support worker required due to personal care requirements
- a strong understanding of the barriers faced by those living with disabilities
- ability to advocate for me in dealing with different agencies e.g. DWP
- car owner/driver with relevant business insurance
- physically fit and able to push a wheelchair
- non patronising, extremely patient and calm demeanour due to my speech impairment
- must wear plain clothes due to my visual perception issues
- non-smoker including e-cigarettes
- ability to carry out administrative tasks to a high standard
- flexible in relation to hours worked
- to be respectful when I’m using my speech app and further being empathetic to my speech issues’
- experience in the use of British Sign Language
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: 15 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, flexibility required
The post is subject to the following
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.