There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 26/02/21
Job Purpose: To support a man who has Cerebral Palsy to lead a fulfilling life in and outside his home.
Location: Sprowston, Norwich.
I am a man in my mid 50s who likes to live as independently as I can but due to my healthcare needs I require support with daily tasks, including personal care (showering etc), meal preparation and household cleaning. Because I am mainly non-verbal my P.A. may also be required to make doctors’ appointments, attend hospital and doctor’s, and occasional work meetings. I would like a P.A. who will get to know me so that they can speak on my behalf as required.
May include other duties, to be discussed
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- (over 25 as this is the min age to drive my Motability car, clean driving licence)
- Shared interests
- Genuine person who would like the challenge and becoming part of a happy household
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 16 hours per week, Mon-Fri, mainly mornings, times to be discussed at interview.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.