There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 07/05/21
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To support a gentleman who has a brain injury to access the community and provide companionship for 6 hours per week.
Location: Saham Toney, Watton
I am 45-year-old gentleman living near Watton and I suffered a brain hemorrhage 6 years ago. I am unable to stand unaided. I have movement in my legs but unable to walk so I use a wheelchair for all transportation. I can sit in an ordinary car for journeys. I need assistance with most things especially some toileting. I am a people’s person and enjoy talking although fatigue comes on quite quickly, so I need patience and understanding. I get frustrated easily and I also have short term memory and concentration issues. I have a good sense of humour and my interests cover a broad spectrum although I am not majorly practical. We have two boys aged 12 and 10 and a loving wife who is very devoted to me but desperately need time for herself.
I am looking for a personal assistant, non-smoker, who will be able to take me to the shops and out for walks in my wheelchair. Someone who is patience and understanding and speaks good English who enjoys playing games for my cognitive stimulation
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Patient and understanding
- Excellent spoken English
- Car owner/driver with relevant business insurance
- Flexible in relation to hours worked
- Someone who enjoys board games
- Stimulating conversationalist
Summary terms and conditions:
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: 6 hours per week, preferably 2 hours per session, to be discussed further at interview.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period.