There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 07/05/21
To support a family in Outwell with daily living tasks and aiding Mum with supporting her children for 12 hours per week.
Location: Outwell PE14
I am looking for a personal assistant with a calm and understanding nature who would enjoy working in a bustling household and who would thrive on making a positive impact on the life of my family.
The sort of support required will differ from day to day dependant on how I am feeling and what I am capable of on the day as I live with both mental and physical issues; my mobility is particularly restricted as I have disc degeneration and pelvic dysfunction. As you can imagine this sometimes affects my mental well-being and I can suffer from both depression and anxiety.
Daily support will include cleaning, laundry, meal preparation and at times personal care for myself dependant on my condition. I also require support for shopping and accessing the community, so car owner/driver is essential.
The support you provide myself will enable me to spend more time looking after my children. Assisting me with this is also part of the role, therefore knowledge and empathy of the issues facing children living with conditions such as ASD and ADHD is required.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Female worker required due to personal care nature of role
- able to carry out household tasks to a high standard including cleaning, ironing and washing
- the ability to follow basic nutritional recipes and prepare meals
- car/owner driver with relevant business insurance
- caring and compassionate nature
- flexible in hours/times worked due to fluctuating need
- an understanding of the issues faced by children living with ADHD/ASD
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: 12 hours per week. Monday to Thursday 2.30pm to 5pm, Friday 3pm to 5pm.
The post is subject to the following
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.