There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 05/03/21
To support a bubbly, outgoing lady with limited mobility and visual impairment
Location: Hopton-on-Sea, Norfolk
Due to various physical health issues I walk with crutches at home and use a wheelchair to go out and about. I live with my son, but as he works full time, I require support with everyday tasks and social activities, including some personal care, housework (particularly vacuuming, changing bedding and doing laundry) and shopping. I like to go to Norwich, have my nails done, and go to the swimming pool/Spa when possible. Also, you will need to be willing to take my dog out. You may also occasionally accompany me to appointments.
May include other duties, to be discussed
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application. Due to the personal care element of this role a female carer is preferred.
- Reliable and punctual
- Some experience of working with visually impaired people
- Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Dog lover
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 16 hours per week in total to be worked over 3 negotiable days per week, mornings approx. 9am-1:30pm and evenings for approx. 1 hour at negotiable times.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.