There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9.01 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 29/01/21
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: I’m a lady at the start of my journey with Alzheimer’s and also have other health problems and some mobility difficulties. I require your support to maintain my independence and enjoy activities of interest to me.
I love to get out and about, especially to browse the shops; I love to buy dresses, and particularly like Sainsburys, which is quite close to home. I would like you to use your own initiative to suggest places I might like to go that will help with my stimulation, such as dementia cafes etc. You will need to drive me in my car and load my walking frame in and out. I also require some assistance with accessing the toilet and with changing my incontinence pads on occasion. I need you to be patient and understanding with me at these times as I may become anxious. As I am in the clinically extremely vulnerable group, I recognise that we may be restricted in where we can go during the pandemic.
I would also like you to assist me with activities of interest at home, such as cooking and baking, which I really enjoy, but now find difficult both due to my dementia and mobility difficulties. I would also like you to assist me with occasional household tasks as I like to keep my home neat and tidy, but now find this a challenge. In these activities, I will require you to guide me and provide supervision rather than undertake tasks on my behalf where possible, as I want to remain as independent as I can.
I am diabetic and so need to eat a healthy variety of food, however I find it hard to plan and prepare healthy lunches for myself, so I would love your assistance with this. I would also like your assistance with some home admin and to take my two friendly little dogs for a walk.
I need to keep my brain active, so would like your support and encouragement to undertake activities such as colouring and reminiscing by looking through my photo albums.
Please note that the employer in this instance will be my daughter and it is important that you communicate any issues of concern to my daughter.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Patient, understanding, kind-hearted, calm and supportive
- Experience with dementia
- Able to use your own initiative to plan and undertake activities, but not overbearing
- Car driver – you will need to drive my mobility vehicle (insurance arranged)
- Comfortable working around dogs
Summary terms and conditions:
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: Wednesday and Friday, 6 hours each day (12 hours per week) start between 9am and 10am both days
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.