There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 20/01/21
Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To support and energetic little boy with play activities both out and about and in the home
Location: Costessey, Norwich
My 6 year old son has ASD and Dyspraxia, and therefore can display challenging behaviour. He needs a patient and persistent person to take him out for walks and play, as well as activities at home. Because of his anxiety he can sometimes lash out until he gets to know people, but for the right person this will be a rewarding and fun role.
May include other duties, to be discussed
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application
- Patient and persistent
- Some knowledge of ASD/Autism
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10.00 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 4 hours on alternate weekends, at flexible times to be agreed. Potentially additional hours in school holidays.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please complete the application form via the following link:
NB – Please ensure you include names, addresses & telephone numbers of two referees, one of which should be your current/ last employer (if relevant). If you are unable to access the link please complete form below and submit by email or post to:
DPSS Employment Services