There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 26/02/21
Job Purpose: To support me to pursue the activities I enjoy and to remain as independent as possible.
Location: King’s Lynn
Details: I have Cerebral Palsy and I am a wheelchair user. I am an independent sociable person and I have always been very active. I would like to do carriage riding with Riding for the Disabled Association. Swimming is something I would like to do regularly, and I will need support in the pool and with dressing and undressing. I will need to be pushed in my wheelchair and will need some support with personal care when out and about. I may on occasion need support with tasks around the house.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Young at heart with a good sense of humour.
- A passion for going out and about and keeping active, with a particular interest in animals, swimming and developing computer skills.
- Car owner/driver with appropriate business use insurance.
- Happy to have a wheelchair in your car.
- Moving and handling experience but training can be provided.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour.
- The pay will be twice the normal rate(s) for work carried out on a bank holiday.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 8 flexible hours per week to be discussed further at interview.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 4 weeks.