There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 15/01/21
To support an active and charming boy who has autism, in doing so providing respite for Mum.
‘A’ is a 6 years old boy who loves to run around the park and play a game of hide and seek. An extremely active and fun-loving child ‘A’ also enjoys riding his bike or scooter and climbing trees. Your job role will consist of supporting ‘A’ while out and about and on days where the weather doesn’t support outdoor play, joining in with ‘A’ while he plays with toy cars and planes.
While encouraging ‘A’ through play you will expected to teach him new words and colours for example, pointing things out to ‘A’ and growing his confidence in social situations. Attempting to get ‘A’ to respond to your encouragement.
You will be firm of nature as ‘A’ can sometimes attempt to take over a given situation, explaining to ‘A’ why his actions may not be acceptable.
This role may appeal to current teaching assistants or students studying in this field who wish to gain practical experience or those studying child psychology or similar fields of expertise.
NB – This job involves working with young people or children
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Experience in working with children who have autism or studying in a similar field.
- Very fit and active as you will be doing a lot of running around!
- A firm but comforting nature; ‘A’ may need reassurance in a loud environment.
- Confident in acting as a 1-1 while out and about.
- Ensure that ‘A’ sticks to the diet supplied by his parents.
- Car owner/driver with relevant business insurance.
Summary terms and conditions:
- The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: currently two hours per week, the number of hours will increase in the near future. Actual times to be discussed at interview although preference is for a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period.
To apply for this position please click on the “Apply to” button below and include the job reference number you are applying for