There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9.01 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 27/11/20
Job Purpose: Your role will be to support my daughter, N, who is a mild mannered 43 years young lady, who has had Cerebral Palsy since birth. She has a moderate learning disability and problems with mobility and balance, and uses a walking aid and wheelchair for outings, and does not go out alone. This does not prevent N from making the best of her life. She is always happy and enjoys being active. Before Covid, N went swimming and had 2 x 1-1 sessions with her personal trainer. She enjoys trips to theatre, cinema, bingo, bowling, eating out and 2p machines at the seafront, boat trips, days out at the zoo and general trips out.
- Taking N out for various activities. N has a manual Ford C max car with open insurance for you to drive.
- Providing respite in N’s own home, for her family, while they are away including:
- Supporting N with showering/hair washing.
- Helping N to sort appropriate clothes and with styling her hair. She does as much as she can for herself.
- Supporting N to prepare meals and clear away.
N sleeps through the night and is able to visit the bathroom on her own when required. N self-medicates although does not take regular medication.
N attends Centre’81 all day Tuesday and Wednesday, and Monday and Friday afternoons. On Tuesday and Wednesday, she goes to the Centre on their bus at approximately 9.45am and returns at 4.15pm. It may be possible for her to attend Centre’81 Monday to Friday when her family is away for the week.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- Experience with physical/learning disabilities.
- Kind and caring.
- An enjoyment of getting out and about.
- An NVQ in health and social care would be desirable, but not essential for the right applicant.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per day hour (8am-10pm) and £8.72 per night hour (10pm-8am).
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
Hours and times of work: 4 hours one evening per week, flexible to suit you and N; 6 weekends per year, Friday evening to Sunday evening, dates to be agreed; and 2 weeks a year, dates to be agreed.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click on the web form link to complete the application form – http://forms.norfolk.gov.uk/service/DPSS_Application