There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 06/11/20
Job Purpose: The role will entail spending time with ‘A’ probably one day a week, or two half days a week across the School Holidays throughout the year.
‘A’ enjoys visiting garden centres, cafes and charity shops and has an avid interest in arts and crafts. They also have an interest in historic buildings and have a National Trust Card. Having someone to take ‘A’ out for the day will hopefully broaden her horizons and boost her confidence.
Details: ‘A’ is 16 and has Autism and as part of this condition can present with anxiety. She has a fantastic sense of humour and is highly articulate.
We are looking for someone special to help ‘A’ negotiate life away from home for short periods of time, ideally 1 day a week through the school holidays and perhaps a Saturday here and there.
No personal care is required for this role.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Excellent sense of humour
• An understanding and awareness of Autism and its co-existing conditions including anxiety
• Full clean UK driving licence with appropriate business insurance on your own vehicle.
• Shared Interests
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £10.00 per hour.
• You won’t normally be required to work on a bank holiday – I may move your hours to be worked at a different time instead.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 100 hours over school holidays, 13 days or half days equivalent
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.