There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 06/11/20
I am interested in sport, gardening, cooking and conversation. I am looking for a Personal Assistant to assist me and provide me with general company and support.
• Making drinks and sometimes making me a light lunch
• Everyday tasks, such as answering the door and taking delivery of parcels
• Accompany me on short walks if the weather permits. I will need you to push my wheelchair on these occasions
• I enjoy discussing topical issues and would like help with crosswords
• Generally keeping me company
• Any other reasonable tasks required by me
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Cheerful and helpful
• Someone who can use their initiative and be flexible to meet the needs of the job
• The position would suit someone with previous care experience and knowledge of using a hoist, although this is not essential
• Non-smoker preferable, however a considerate smoker who smokes outside would be fine
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour
• The pay will be twice the normal rate for work carried out on a bank holiday
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
• Hours and times of work: Monday 10am – 1pm, Wednesday 10am – Midday and Friday 9.30am – 12.30pm
The post is subject to the following
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.