There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 09/04/21
Job Purpose: your role will be to support my 14-year-old daughter, who has complex needs and epilepsy, to access activities of interest.
Location: Norwich, NR4.
- Taking my daughter out to access activities such as to the park or cinema.
- Supporting her to access artistic and creative activities in the community.
- Researching activities which may be of interest to her.
- Developing arts, craft or dance activities for her to undertake at home when required.
- Support her social and emotional development and confidence as a teenager.
- Support her to access daytrips, after school or social clubs in the community, online groups and safe use of social media
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- An understanding of young people with complex needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to follow an epilepsy care plan.
- First aid trained.
- An interest in all arts and creative activities with experience of providing arts, crafts and dance activities.
- Able to use own initiative to plan a monthly schedule of weekly activities.
- Outgoing, but sensitive to autistic traits.
- Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 9 hours per week, to be worked in 2 blocks, one weekday either directly after school or in the evening, and on a Saturday, to be further arranged at interview. 43 extra hours per year are also available to enable daytrips etc. during school holidays or at the weekend.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.