There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 23/10/20
Job Purpose: Enthusiastic People required for fun days out with a very active, young, learning disabled male. * No personal care involved *
Location: Drayton, Norwich
Details: We are looking for a fun and outgoing person who enjoys cycling, swimming and running to assist in a team for days out/activities with an extremely fit 23-year-old learning disabled male.
To support on trips out, to keep the young person busy and active and to support with any other tasks required by the employer.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Fit, active and sporty.
• Boundless enthusiasm, energy and initiative.
• Good sense of fun and lively personality.
• Good communication skills.
• Consistency and reliability.
• Ability to work in small teams at all times.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £13 per hour.
• The pay will be twice the normal rate(s) for work carried out on a bank holiday.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours of work: 20 hours per week. The work pattern will be discussed further at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.