There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 24/09/20
To support a young professional with neurological and mental health problems
Location: Norwich, NR5
• To support with completing household tasks – laundry, cooking, cleaning, meal planning and shopping.
• Assistance/prompting to take and renew medication prescription.
• Where necessary, offer reassurance and de-escalate from distressing periods of acute symptoms.
• Ability to manage public interactions and questions about client’s needs and condition when client unable to communicate.
• Support at social outings.
We welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and lived experience.
Your professional development is important, and we encourage and support time to be taken for relevant peer groups and training to help you deliver excellent care.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Positive and inclusive attitude towards disability essential.
• Able to carry out household tasks to a high standard including cleaning, ironing and washing.
• Car owner/driver with relevant business insurance.
• Flexible in hours/times worked.
• The ability to work under own initiative.
• Happy to work in a family environment in a household with a young baby.
• Confidence cycling a plus.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £15 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 4 hours per week, hours will be predominantly weekends and Mondays although flexibility to suit both parties will be required. To be discussed further at interview.
The post is subject to the following
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.