There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 07/08/20
Job Purpose: I’m a wheelchair user with a good sense of humour and I require your support with personal care and to get out and about.
Location: South Wootton, Kings Lynn.
Details: Your role will involve:
• Supporting me to go shopping or to appointments – no driving involved as we will use a taxi.
• Taking me out for a walk in my wheelchair.
• Assisting me to eat, drink and vape.
• Emptying my catheter as required.
• Occasional personal care.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
• Good sense of humour.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.27 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 5.5 hours per week to be worked on two weekdays (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) from 10:30am.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months.