There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9 per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 14/08/20
To support a lady recently relocated to Norfolk living with severe back pain and osteoporosis, seeking an enthusiastic person to be main figure of support so she can be helped to live life to its potential and access her community.
Location: Great Ellingham
• Dealing with barrier and infection control in the house
• Assist with weekly shop, running errands and taking to scheduled appointments
• Assist with accessing social media/eBay and other computer related tasks plus support with household budgeting
• Meal preparation
• Personal care such as helping to get up and mobile and support with various needs as required
• Support with medication when necessary
• Maintaining the housekeeping to high standard including cleaning and simple gardening
• Assisting at the swimming pool and afternoons out
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• experienced carer or someone willing to learn the ropes
• the ability to cook or a willingness to learn
• able to carry out household tasks to a high standard
• a calm and not too loud empathetic nature
• physically fit and able to push a wheelchair when required
• okay with animals
• a good understanding of written and spoken English
• confident driver
• full clean UK driving licence and relevant business insurance
• good sense of humour with a positive and pro-active attitude
• Food and hygiene certificate, first aid certificate and an understanding of health and safety
• Gardening skills desirable but not essential
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
• Hours and times of work: 17 hours per week; 5 afternoons, Monday to Friday
The post is subject to the following
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.