There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£12 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 23/01/21
Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: To provide support for an active lady with visual and other impairments, (I have a guide dog) to lead a full and independent life with my daughter.
Location: North Walsham
As a mother to an enthusiastic and energetic daughter who has just started high school, I require support to enjoy activities and need reliable help to enable our social activities as well as assistance with household routines and daily duties. I value my independence and privacy but most of all I would like to take advantage of the kind of opportunities which other families might take for granted, like enjoying quality time with my daughter. When current restrictions allow, we enjoy swimming, walking, shopping, cinema and theatre as well as visiting friends and relatives.
May include other duties, to be discussed.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Family/Teenager/Dog friendly
- Flexible regarding working times – available for evenings, weekends and school holidays
- Driver/own vehicle, with appropriate business insurance cover
- Shared interests
- Computer skills to assist with things like Google Classroom and internet shopping
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £12.00 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: Flexible/negotiable, up to 8 to 10 hours per week. Possibly additional hours when health needs require more support. Job share considered.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please complete the enclosed application form and return to the address below.
NB – Please ensure you include names, addresses & telephone numbers of two referees, one of which should be your current/ last employer (if relevant).
DPSS Employment Services