There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 14/08/20
To enable me to achieve independence in my everyday living.
Location: Toftwood, Dereham
I am a gentleman in my late 50’s who has a long-term illness which has resulted in a brain injury and memory loss. My memory loss means I need motivation and support to undertake daily activities:
• Transport and support with weekly grocery shop
• I enjoy being out and about around Dereham and require someone to accompany me
• I also need prompting, encouraging (and sometimes showing) with my household chores.
• I like to prepare a hot meal and may need support with this on occasions
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• the ability to motivate and use initiative
• good sense of humour
• car owner/driver with relevant business insurance
• kind patient and tolerant nature, also a persuasive personality
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
• Hours and times of work: 25 hours per week on a Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Please note that the working hours may be Monday-Friday 5 hours per day during the current Covid-19 crisis. To be discussed further at interview.
The post is subject to the following
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.