There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 02/10/20
Job Purpose: I’m a friendly, easy going mum of 3 small children with autism. I would like you to support me with domestic tasks and provide companionship.
Your role will involve:
• Household tasks including laundry, all aspects of cleaning and supporting me to prepare meals.
• Providing companionship – I like a good chat!
• Minimal support with my personal care, such as assisting me to dry my hair.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• An understanding of autism.
• Happy to work around children.
• Friendly and cheerful.
• Thorough, organised and adaptable.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
Hours and times of work: 8 hours per week to be worked 2 hours on 4 weekdays including a Monday and Friday, during school hours.
The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months.