There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 22/07/20
Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: To support a creative, intelligent man who is recovering from 2 strokes which have affected cognitive function. Support required with a variety of tasks which will enable me to live a more enriched personal and social life.
Location: Downham Market
I’m a lively, talented and creative man who required support following 2 strokes. I enjoy all kinds of manual activities including gardening, cooking, woodwork and going to the pub. I would like a personal assistant who shares my enthusiasm for making things and is patient enough to assist me with repetition and routine which will enhance my rehabilitation.
Including any other duties that may be necessary, including some personal care occasionally.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Full Driving licence and own vehicle
• Common sense
• Practical Skills
• Dog Friendly
• Experience of rehabilitation following stroke
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 15 hours per week, flexible/negotiable, may include some evenings.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please complete the enclosed application form and return to the address below.
NB – Please ensure you include names, addresses & telephone numbers of two referees, one of which should be your current/ last employer (if relevant).