There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£10.60 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 14/02/20
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: I’m a married mum of two little girls, one of whom has some challenging behaviour. I have a chronic health condition and become easily fatigued, so I need to plan regular rest periods into my day. I require your support to fulfil my parenting role by assisting with domestic tasks, meal preparation and childcare to enable me to rest and our girls to be cared for and have fun.
Details: Your role will involve collecting our children from school using your own vehicle, for which child car seats will be provided. You will also support with after school activities, prepare meals and complete domestic tasks as required. Our younger daughter has additional social and emotional needs, which manifest themselves in aspects of challenging behaviour. You will be provided with full guidance on how to respond appropriately, and training can be arranged if necessary. A full induction will be provided into this role before you are expected to work independently with our children.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• A passion for working with children.
• Car owner/driver with full UK driving licence.
• Experience of completing domestic tasks.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £10.60 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 15 hours per week to be worked weekdays, late afternoon-early evening. Job share considered.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
How to apply:
Please email, quoting the job reference number to: