There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 14/02/20
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: To provide support to an enthusiastic, sassy 18-year-old female with learning disabilities who is wheelchair dependant with encouragement and opportunities to access leisure activities, working 2:1 with another team or family member.
Details: We are looking for someone with a sense of humour, boundless enthusiasm and initiative to assist her to make use of her home safely and maintain relationships and community connections and activities. Some personal care will be involved during the AM calls, and ideally you will be required to make the school run each Friday, but this is not essential. Training will be provided on this and will be held at the workplace. To provide full care and support to the young person whose emotional responses can be more extreme, more prolonged and more intense than may be usual. A high degree of support is required in terms of safeguarding and caring for the young person during these times. The ideal candidate will need to be flexible in changing activities according to the needs and wishes of the young person, including providing care, support and devising activities for her to do within the home environment if required
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Kind and caring
• Experience in a similar role
• Able to work under your own initiative
• Reliable and dependable
• Hard working and enthusiastic
• Previous experience working with children and young people.
• Creative in their approach to stimulation.
• Experience of similar situations, however full training will be given.
• Car driver
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £10.00 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: flexible hours per week, to be further discussed at interview, but to include AM support calls each morning Monday – Friday, and 4 hours one weekend day (flexible on day) each week.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
How to apply:
By email to: DPSSRecruitment@norfolk.gov.uk