There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
9.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 14/02/20
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: To provide support to a female, who is a wheelchair user, with all aspects of daily living and opportunities to access leisure activities.
Details: I had a road traffic accident which resulted in communication, sensory and personal care needs. I am a cheerful 38-year-old with a great sense of humour. We have two vacancies for the right candidates who have enthusiasm, empathy and a kind heart to assist me to make use of my home safely so my Mother can catch up with other tasks and to assist me to maintain relationships and community activities, and to support with trips out to the Vauxhall centre, where I enjoy a game of bingo and to go swimming.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. The assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Kind and caring & empathetic
• Fun loving, bright & cheerful
• Female, due to personal care aspects of the role
• Able to work under your own initiative
• Animal lover, must like dogs
• Enthusiastic personality with commitment and determination
• Sense of humour
• Experience of similar situations, however full training will be given.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.00 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: A job share is advantageous consisting of a two-week rolling rota;
Monday 11:30 – 14:30 Thursday 8:00 – 14:00
Wednesday 8:00 – 14:00 Friday 8:00 – 10:00
Saturday 10:00 – 14:00 Sunday 10:00 – 14:00
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
How to apply:
By email to: DPSSRecruitment@norfolk.gov.uk