There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 31/01/20
Closing Date: 31st January 2020
Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To support a Dereham based Mum with two children with various tasks including meal preparation, personal care, medication administration, hygiene clean and shopping.
You will be required to aid structure to my daily routine recognising and having an empathic nature towards my disabilities. I have a functional neurological disorder, fibromyalgia and emotional difficulties; an understanding of the issues children face with similar emotional difficulties is also necessary.
I am looking for support for various hours across the day for seven days a week and am seeking personal assistants to cover whatever shift they can. The hours to be filled are as follows:
7am – 8am, 60 minutes, two personal assistants
Midday – 12.45pm, 45 minutes, two personal assistants
4.15pm – 5pm, 45 minutes, two personal assistants
8pm – 9pm, 60 minutes, two personal assistants
1.5 hours weekly shopping – one personal assistant
1.5 hours weekly hygiene clean – one personal assistant
If you can fill any of these hours on a regular basis, I would really like to hear from you.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Experienced carer with a mature outlook
- Experience of manual handling and the use of a hoist
- Happy to work with children experiencing emotional difficulties
- An ability to carry out household tasks to a high standard
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.50 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: as above
- The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period.
- How to apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please email DPSSRecruitment@norfolk.gov.uk to request an application form quoting job ref: DPSS191