There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£12 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 14/09/19
Location: Norwich NR3
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To support a lady to maintain her independence for a short while every evening.
How to apply
For an application form please email: DPSSRecruitment@norfolk.gov.uk quoting ref: DPSS106
During your 45-minute visit I will require you to help me put on my compression socks and assist with my eye drops. You will also be required to ensure the floor is clear of hazards, and at times have a quick tidy up around the house e.g. fetching items I cannot reach, doing the washing up and putting the rubbish out. You will find me a kind, quirky individual with a good sense of humour who enjoys the arts, nature, music and textiles and design. Generally, I am quite lively, however on occasions I can be a bit of a ‘rugrat’ when tired.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Multi-skilled, although willing to learn is more important than being qualified.
- Enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Good listener
- Good sense of humour
- Shared Interests
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour.
- Hours and times of work: 45 minutes per evening, time to be discussed at interview.
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.