There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9 per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 05/12/19
To support a young at heart 96-year-old Swaffham based lady with daily living tasks and to get out and about in the community.
Despite my years I am an outgoing socially active individual who enjoys the company of others through stimulating conversation. I have several hobbies including flower arranging, gardening, painting and a passion for cooking. As an Honorary Citizen of Swaffham, I would like your assistance to attend local coffee mornings. Your assistance will also be required to support me with my medicinal regime and to help me organise my home.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Experience of working in the care sector, preferably on a one to one basis.
• Flexible in relation to hours worked.
• A good communicator who enjoys stimulating conversation.
• Caring, patient and understanding.
• Car owner/driver with relevant business insurance.
• Shared interests
Summary terms and conditions:
• The rate of pay for this position is £9 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role including mileage at 45p per mile .
• Hours and times of work: At least 10 hours per week, in the first instance this will be on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with support required with medication in the morning and at tea-time.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.