Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: To provide personal, domestic and social support to lady with physical disabilities.
I’m a friendly, easy going lady who is a wheelchair user due to having Scoliosis, also suffer from anxiety/depression, however I enjoy company and like to go out shopping, and I am a cat lover (I have one elderly cat). I need a personal assistant to help me with showering and dressing, medication, domestic tasks (household chores) and occasional shopping. This is a shared job with an existing P.A, so the hours will be flexible/negotiable and there may be the opportunity for extra hours to cover any holidays and sick leave.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application. Due to the personal care element of this role I am seeking a female P.A. if possible.
- Good communication skills.
- Tidy and well organised
- Calm and quiet and not easily frustrated.
- Consistency and reliability.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: Up to 5 hours per week, flexible/negotiable times, potential for additional hours covering holiday/sick leave.
The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.