There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 03/07/20
Job Purpose: I am a 38-year-old dad, who enjoys a laugh and a joke. I had a cancerous brain tumour removed in 2013, resulting in a brain injury. Since December I have lived on my own, and I require support with domestic tasks and occasionally to get out and about.
Location: Queens Hills.
Your role will involve:
• Supporting me with all aspects of maintaining the cleanliness of my home.
• Laundry including changing bed linen and ironing.
• Supporting me to access the supermarket, post office etc.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Good sense of humour.
• Thorough, organised and adaptable.
• Car owner/driver with appropriate business insurance to enable you to drive me in your vehicle.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
Hours and times of work: 3 hours per week to be worked 1.5 hours each on a Monday and Friday afternoon.
The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months.